Monday, October 25, 2010

peace at last

So, my Holly girl passed away last night at around 11pm.  We were getting ready for bed, so I carried her into the room and laid her down in her spot... little head on her pillow... kissed her cheek and Matty came in and told her night-night.  I walked out of our room to give Matt a hug, walked back in the room and she was gone.
That's all she needed to move on and let go.  I fell down next to her body and just cried.  I didn't know what else to do.  She took a piece of my heart with her... for the last 11 years, she's been through everything with me.  She was my constant companion and the best friend a girl could have.  She took care of me when I was sick... stayed right by my side.  She took care of my babies, too, because she was a great mama-dog.  She taught and tolerated her little sister, Shadow and they loved each other so much.  I can see that Shadow misses her so much, too. 
Funny... I don't think I ever realized just how much I would miss her until she was gone.  Now, all I can do is think about her and remember her ears & soft cheeks and the way she bit her toenails and kiss me only when I asked for sugars.  She was never much of a cuddler, but she would always let you know if she wanted attention.
My Holly girl was, and will always be, the epitome of unconditional love.




No comments:

Post a Comment